Saturday, January 29, 2011

The Joker

I created a facebook page ("Public Figure") called "The Joker". I originally created it so that I could add him as one of the People Who Inspire Me. Sadly, the only thing that comes is a song called "The Joker". Now, I ask you, is a song a person? No, it is not. So instead, I've been having fun delving for details to add to the page, hence making ti one of the most 'informative' fan pages for The Joker. The details include birth date, affiliates, website, biography, pictures (complete with quotes as captions) and statuses that The Joker might say. No "spam" or "unrelated" statuses allowed.

If you want to "like" it (as the facebook term goes), you can find the page here. I also found what I suppose you could call the website of The Joker: Why So Serious? I suggest you check it out, but some audio starts up when you arrive at the website, so, based on whether you want to hear it or not, turn your volume up or down.

I also found a somewhat fascinating group called The Joker (is sexy). The description explains it: Because it worries people when you think that a psycho, demented killer from a movie, played by a dead guy is sexy. (I may have...switched the words a bit. I suppose you'll have to go to the group to find out the original text.)
Though I must admit I do find The Joker kind of hot, some of the ladies seem to go a bit overboard...just in my opinion. Kind of gets kinky, the things they talk about on the group's wall.



I don't particularly think The Joker is awesome because I think he's sexy, rather, it seems, I'd like to be him. Homicidal tendencies aside.
The Dark Knight is quite a philosophical movie, Batman and The Joker practically equal. It reminds me somewhat of Death Note (an anime and manga), where the characters Light Yagami and "L" (Ryuzaki) match wits with each other, and seem to be ahead of each other...at the same time.
The only difference is that Light and Ryuzaki tend to come up with plans. The Joker? Not so much. As you may recall (either if you've seen The Dark Knight or have read the quotes in my previous entry), The Joker likened himself to a dogs chasing cars, saying that if he caught one, he wouldn't know what to do with it. He clearly points out: "Do I look like a man with a plan?"
Perhaps that's one reason why I find him so fascinating. He so...honest, and yet he lies all the time. Whenever he promises to do something, he does it (quote: "I'm a man of my word."), and yet you doubt the stories he comes up with when he tells people "how he got his scars". He seems to be particularly obsessed with mentioning his scars. Examples: "Oh, you look nervous. Is it the scars? Wanna know how I got them?"
"It's a funny world. Speaking of which, want to know how I got these scars?"



Right now I'm actually in the midst of watching The Dark Knight (for the second time) on Megavideo. Waiting for the 30 minutes to go by (if you've ever used Megavideo, you'll know what I'm talking about.)
It used to be you could watch 72 minutes, and then wait 54 minutes. But now you can watch 72 minutes and wait only 30 minutes.
Just my luck that the movie is two and a half hours long (actually, I love that), it's 3:30 in the morning, and I'm not even half-way through it.
Reading Stephen King during the day and watching The Dark Knight at night...I think I'm getting my full dose of horror.

No comments:

Post a Comment