Saturday, January 29, 2011

Why does this post have to have a title?

It's probably wrong to believe there can be any limit to the horror which the human mind can experience. Perhaps the most terrifying question of all is just how much horror the human mind can stand and still maintain a wakeful, staring, unrelenting sanity. At some point, it all starts to become rather funny. That may be the point at which sanity begins to either save itself or to buckle and break down; that point at which one's sense of humor begins to reassert itself. -Stephen King



You may have noticed that in my "About Me" section I said that Penguins Like Pi wasn't a one-subject blog. Well, I lied. But then again, I told the truth when I said that I'd write what I want, when I want. It just so happens that at the moment I want to write about The Joker. Give a girl a break, I've got to have somewhere to blab about my current obsessions. I'm sure my sister doesn't what to hear me recite my favorite parts over and over.

Batman: Let her go.
Joker: Very poor choice of words. Ahahaha! *throws chick out window* (though his laugh was more of a "mmmhahaha!" than a "ahahaha!")


The quote by Stephen King that I posted at the beginning of this entry reminded me somewhat of The Joker. His choice was to find humor in horrible things or go crazy. Though I'm sure we can all agree that he kind of is insane, whether he likes it or not.

Gambol: You're crazy.
Joker: I'm not. No, I'm not.

He seemed kind of...upset when he replied to Gambol, apparently he doesn't like being called "crazy".
I like how Alfred describes The Joker:

Some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.


On the facebook group The Joker (is sexy) the ladies on there seem oddly obsessed with...his tongue.

That, and the part where he's shouting at Batman, "Hit me! HIT ME! I want ya to do it, come on, HIT ME!"

Which is when Batman is roaring towards him on a giant-wheeled motorcycle.
One of my favorite Joker 'bad ass' scenes is the part where he pulls open his suit jacket, revealing a whole army of grenades, and says, "Let's not blow this out of proportion." Not only is he homicidal, he's also suicidal.
I also found a picture of the above photo with the caption: "The only man in a purple suit you'll never make fun of."
I found some interesting information (click here) about the making of The Dark Knight (pertaining to The Joker, of course):

The late actor who tragically died from an accidental prescription drugs overdose in January - was reportedly warned he had become too obsessed with his portrayal of iconic Batman villain The Joker. A source told FOX News: "Heath refused to talk to anyone out of character. If you tried to communicate with him normally instead of The Joker, he would just ignore you.

"He would often come to the set to hang out even on his days off, freaking everyone out..."

Ledger reportedly locked himself in an apartment for an entire month before playing The Joker, who he described as a "psychotic, mass-murdering clown". That's why he played an awesome role!

All I'm saying is that if Heath Leger hadn't died before the movie came out, he would have had a huge fan following!
And you've got to love The Joker in the nurse costume :3 hahaha...







On an ending note:


No comments:

Post a Comment